Advantages of a Murena Cloud account
- having a new brand email address @murena.io
having a single identity to access all Murena Cloud services :
- Murena Cloud Email : email@example.com
- Murena Cloud Drive : photos, videos, documents…
- Murena Cloud Calendar
- Murena Cloud Contacts
- Murena Cloud Notes
- Murena Cloud Tasks
- in your /e/OS smartphone and online at : https://murena.io
How to get your free Murena Cloud account ?
- Go to https://murena.io/signup you should see a screen like this
- And follow the below steps :
- enter your current email address
- reenter your current email address
- solve the math equation for human verification
- on success, you should see a screen like this
- Wait for an invitation in your mailbox ! Usually it takes < 2 minutes. Check your SPAM box !
- After you clicked the link in the invitation email you can proceed to the actual account creation :
Creating your own Murena Cloud account
- Fill the fields correctly! This example will create a Murena Cloud identity as John Doe firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your username may contain Latin letters (a-z), digits (0-9) and special characters (- . _)
- Your username must be at least 3 characters long and at most 30 characters long
- Your username must not contain special characters in succession
- Your username must not start or end with special characters
- Please note that your username will be automatically converted to lowercase during account creation (i.e. “John.Doe@murena.io” becomes “email@example.com”)
- On successful account creation you should see this screen
Using a Murena Cloud account
- Now that your Murena Cloud account is created, you can use it in your /e/OS smartphone
- In the first time usage wizard just after /e/OS installation
- You can add account by going to..
Settings >> Accounts >> Add account >> /e/
- On the web at https://murena.io to retrieve all the pictures, videos you took with your /e/OS smartphone
- To access on the Murena Cloud all you emails and check your calendar
Having trouble creating an Murena Cloud account?
- If you never received the invitation on your current email, check your email client SPAM folders
- If you cannot login in your /e/OS smartphone or at https://murena.io try to reset your password with the reset link available at https://murena.io
- Make sure that you use your firstname.lastname@example.org as email for the reset process, NOT your recovery email.
- If that does not work for you contact us at email@example.com
How can I delete my Murena Cloud account?
- Log in to your Murena Cloud account using the ID you want to delete
- Take a backup of your data and emails (if required) before proceeding
- Click on your profile image
- This will open up a menu
- Click on Settings
- This will display the Setting options as shown in the screenshot below
- Click on “Delete Account”
- This will open up a screen with the text “Check this to confirm the deletion request”
- Select the check box
- Click “Delete my Account” button
- The operation could take up to a minute. Please wait
This action will remove your Murena Cloud account, data stored on the Murena Cloud if any and all emails.
- You will be logged out of murena.io
- The Murena Cloud account deletion is complete
In case of any issues please send in the details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Some more tips on your Murena Cloud account
Your Murena Cloud identity at murena.io is not (yet) compatible with our various websites and forums.
- This means that you will have to create specific login/password at community.e.foundation and gitlab.e.foundation
- Do not try to login in your /e/OS smartphone with your community or gitlab identity. It will not work.
Want to manually configure your mail client for Murena Cloud?
Most mail clients should be able to configure your Murena Cloud ID automatically, once you input your Murena Cloud username and password. In case that is not possible, please use these settings to manually configure:
SMTP/IMAP server: mail.ecloud.global
SMTP/IMAP username: your Murena Cloud email address in full (example: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
SMTP/IMAP password: your Murena Cloud email password
SMTP port: 587, plain password, STARTTLS, requires authentication
IMAP port: 993, SSL/TLS, requires authentication
Your free account will be limited to 1GB online storage.
We now have some premium storage plans available. You can also upgrade it to 20GB while supporting the /e/OS project by becoming an /e/ Early Adopter.
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND that /e/OS Free drive and mail accounts are supported by donations!
Is a Murena Cloud account mandatory to use /e/OS ?
- A Murena Cloud account at murena.io is not mandatory to use /e/OS, but is highly recommended if you want to benefit from the full Murena experience as described in this guide.
What about e.email accounts, are they still valid?
Murena cloud is the new name of Murena cloud. Users with an e.email account, or legacy accounts, can still use their e.email account with no issues on Murena cloud.
Legacy e.email accounts have both e.email address (by default) and now a new murena.io alias (needs to be enabled in account settings).
To add an e.email account on a phone with /e/OS, just follow the standard process: go to the account manager, add an Murena account, enter the e.email ID and your account password.