/e/OS Version Upgrade
Manually upgrade akari to T
- adb and fastbooot should be setup and working on your PC
To set up adb follow details provided here
- adb and fastboot need root rights in Linux and administrator rights in Windows.
In Linux prepend sudo to any adb or fastboot command For e.g. “sudo fastboot reboot” and in Windows start the command window as administrator.
Downloads for akari
Try the /e/OS Recovery (limited functionality)
- /e/OS Recovery for dev build
- /e/OS build : T dev
To understand the difference between /e/OS builds check this guide
Manually upgrading your akari to T
Download the /e/OS installation package as linked in the
Downloads for akarisection in this guide.
Make sure your computer has working
adb. Setup instructions are linked in the
Basic Requirementssection above
Open a console window on your computer. The next set of commands will be run on the console.
adb reboot sideload.Warning: The device may reboot to a blank black screen, this is a known bug on some recoveries, proceed with the instructions.
adb sideload /path/to/zip(inserting the path to your /e/OS package).
- Once you have installed everything successfully, click the back arrow in the top left of the screen, then
Reboot system now.
Please share your experience , suggest tips or changes to this install guide documentation by visiting the Xperia XZ2 specific topic on our community forum.
To report issues in /e/OS please refer this guide
Answers to some questions you may have on the process
Why do I need to manually upgrade the OS
- The updater app does not support upgrades from one Android version to another. It will hide any update of a different version.
- We are working on resolving this issue.
- While this issue is resolved, users need to manually upgrade their OS.
- Upgrading manually requires similar steps to installing /e/OS for the first time.