Why work at /e/?
We are a fully remote, multicultural and international team. We enjoy working from home, from a nice café or by the sea. We have a common mission; we aim high, and we know it will take effort and time. If you are looking for a challenge… come join us!
What we offer
- Fully remote position with flexible working hours.
- Exciting challenge: to become the 3rd mobile OS.
- Potential to impact a large and constantly growing user base.
- Freelancing contractor with perks: paid time off, training platform, hardware upgrades when needed.
- Maintain and expand our fleet of dedicated root servers, automating tasks with Ansible and GitLab CI/CD.
- Migrate from pets to cattle approach using some container orchestration like Docker Swarm or Nomad.
- Proactively enhance our CI/CD pipelines to simplify operations and shorten release cycles.
- Ensure high availability of our systems. Troubleshoot hardware, OS, application and network issues.
- Provide tier 2/3 assistance to customer support team for issues relating to infrastructure.
- Participate in on-duty schedules to resolve incidents affecting application availability.
- Collaborating with developers to review, fine tune, deploy and monitor new application versions.
- Solid experience working in medium or large-scale distributed applications, managing dozens of machines.
- Proficient with Ansible, which is our current automation tool.
- Experience setting up Continuous Integration flows with GitLab, GitHub, Travis, CircleCI or other similar platforms.
- Understanding of TCP/IP, UDP, SSL/TLS and other related Internet protocols.
- Proficient with shell scripting.
- Proactivity, excellent problem-solving and team skills.
- Fluent communication in English. Spanish or Portuguese a plus.
- Desired: living in the American continent, UTC-3 to UTC-7.