Purpose of an /e/ account
- having a new brand email address @e.email
having a single identity to access all /e/ services :
- /e/ Email : email@example.com
- /e/ Drive : photos, videos, documents…
- /e/ Calendar
- /e/ Contacts
- /e/ Notes
- /e/ Tasks
- in your /e/ smartphone and online at : https://ecloud.global
How to get your free /e/ account ?
- Go to https://e.foundation/e-mail-invite/ you should see a screen like this
- And follow the below steps :
- enter your current email address
- wait for an invitation in your mailbox ! Usually it takes < 2 minutes. Check your SPAM box !
- After you clicked the link in the invitation email you can proceed to the actual account creation :
Creating your own /e/ account @e.email
- Fill the fields correctly ! This example will create an /e/ identity as John Doe firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do not use special characters in your username or password
- Do not use a combination of uppercase and lower case alphabets in your username
Using an /e/ account @e.email
- Now that your /e/ account is created, you can use it in your /e/ smartphone
- In the first time usage wizard just after /e/ OS installation
- You can add account by going to..
Settings >> Accounts >> Add account >> /e/
- On the web at https://ecloud.global to retrieve all the pictures, videos you took with your /e/ smartphone
- To access on the ecloud all you emails and check your calendar
Having trouble creating an /e/ account @e.email?
- If you never received the invitation on your current email, check your email client SPAM folders
- If you cannot login in your /e/ smartphone or at https://ecloud.global try to reset your password with the reset link available at https://ecloud.global
- Make sure that you use your email@example.com as email for the reset process, NOT your recovery email.
- If that does not work for you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I delete my /e/ account @e.email?
- Send in an email to email@example.com from the /e/ID you want to delete
- This is to confirm the ID is yours
- Mention the detail that you want to delete the ID in the email
- Once we receive the email, we will delete the ID from our servers.
We are working on making this process better and user-driven
Some more tips on your /e/ account @e.email
Your /e/ identity at ecloud.global is not (yet) compatible with our various websites and forums.
- This means that you will have to create specific login/password at community.e.foundation, gitlab.e.foundation, and e.foundation (shop)
- Do not try to login in your /e/ smartphone with your community or gitlab identity. It will not work.
Your /e/ identity is under this form : firstname.lastname@example.org
This is your email address too. Yes. « .email » is a valid extension on internet, like .com, .org, .xyz and thousands others.
- And forget email@example.com we don’t own the email.org domain.
- Your free account will be limited to 5GB online storage. We now have some premium storage plans available. You can also upgrade it to 20GB while supporting the /e/ project by becoming an /e/ Early Adopter.
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND that /e/ Free drive and mail accounts are supported by donations! Please support us now and receive a gift.
“Create /e/ free account” is licensed under CC BY by e Foundation 2018-2019.