Installation steps for linux
via the command line
Depending of your configuration, you may need to prefix the commands with
Open a console and type the below command to install the Easy Installer snap app
snap install easy-installer --channel=latest/beta
Installing the easy way !!
Here we use the Ubuntu Software application
Open the Ubuntu Software application. It should open a screen like this
- Go to the ‘Explore’ tab or click on the search icon
- Type in ‘easy-installer’ . This should fetch the /e/OS easy installer as shown below
- Click on the ‘install’ button to start the installation process -
- Depending on your configuration you may be asked to provide the admin user password to complete the installation
- Once the installation is complete you will see this screen
- Click on the Permissions button to view the permission needed for the easy-installer to run
Want to learn more about these Permission ?
adb support: allows the application to use `ADB` to communicate with device
gsettings: provides access to user gsettings to create the screen for the installer
network: Required to get access to internet for e.g. to download source or TWRP image
access USB hardware: is required to allow tools like Heimdall to work with the smartphone
Please note all these permissions are required for the easy-installer to work and need to be enabled
After the installation is complete a new icon should be available on your Computer as shown in the screenshot above
Click on it to open and try out our Easy Installer !!