What is the /e/OS easy-installer?
The Easy Installer is a Java desktop application which helps users install /e/ on supported devices.
In its current version the tool is a GUI which works on the Linux OS
- The easy-installer beta version supports 6 Samsung devices
- Samsung Galaxy S6 – Exynos only
- Samsung Galaxy S7 – Exynos only
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge – Exynos only
- Samsung Galaxy S8 – Exynos only
- Samsung Galaxy S9 – Exynos only
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus – Exynos only
Why are more devices and OS not supported?
The /e/ team cannot support all the work needed to add more devices or other operating systems. That’s why we ask the community to help us on:
- Porting the Easy Installer to MacOS
- the java software should run without big issues
- but script need to be ported
- Support new devices
- with its architecture based configuration files, it is easy to add new devices
- we share details on how you can add more devices in this document
How can I install the /e/OS easy-installer?
The easy-installer beta is available for Linux and Windows OS.
I want to develop the source further. How can I help?
To build or improve upon the easy-installer code check the documentation here…
Thank you in advance!